|| HUMAN RESOURCE GENERALIST
Contribute to maximizing Data-Mail and Direct Mail System’s success by providing leadership and expertise in the areas of staffing, employee relations and performance management at the nonexempt level of the organization.
- Consult with hiring managers to ensure Data-Mail and Direct Mail Systems have the workforce necessary to meet its business needs. Recommend recruitment and retention strategies and monitor turnover to Human Resource Director and VP of Operations.
- Provide guidance and direction to HR Administrative Support Assistant.
- Recruit nonexempt staff. Actively develop internal and external sources for candidates. Ensure employees with the competencies to meet the departments’ objectives staff all areas.
- Liaison between hiring department and outside temporary employment agency to hire temporary staff.
- Respond to and resolve employee relations’ issues and concerns in conjunction with the Director of Human Resources and VP of Operations. Counsel managers/supervisors.
- Counsel managers/supervisors regarding the company’s disciplinary and termination process. Conduct exit interviews, as appropriate.
- Advise and exercise discretion on appropriate action regarding employment law compliance including but not limited to Americans with Disabilities Act, Family Medical Leave Act (and CT equivalent laws), and employee performance, attendance, retention, and development issues. Recommend creative solutions to the Human Resource Director/VP of Operations that comply with all applicable laws and are sensitive both to business needs and our commitment to employees.
- Conduct new employee orientation, benefit enrollment and 401k plan enrollments.
- Respond to employee questions regarding benefits, 401k plan and company policies.
- Liaison with payroll department. Review and forward all payroll change form. Comply with company rules and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of company-sensitive data.
- Implement a commitment to quality philosophy and recommend methods and procedures to reduce cost and/or improve operating efficiency of the department.
- Keep manager informed of activities and situations that will impact the achievement of corporate or department goals and objectives.
- Perform other related duties as required to achieve the goals and objectives of the department and company.
- Respond effectively to human resources issues in a business operation that runs 24 hours per day. Sometimes there may be a need for human resources counseling beyond normal office hours. Flexibility in work hours based on the needs of the operation is essential.
- Four-year college degree
- Four years prior HR Generalist Experience
- Strong knowledge of employment-related laws (e.g., EEO, FMLA, ADA, Wage and Hour) and its impact on human resources functions and practices.
- Ability to influence management on recruitment and employee relations issues.
- Ability to communicate with all levels in a culturally diverse work environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Computer proficiency in desktop software.